Shoutout to all my minis out there! Over the years, I’ve found it difficult to find suits for petites that are also affordable. I’d like to share the brands I’ve found fit me well over the years, so try them out if you haven’t! I am also a very frugal shopper, so I rarely ever buy full priced pieces. Please let me know if you know of other brands as well.
1. Express. Out of all the shops in this post, I love Express the most for their full suits. Their style aligns with my personal tastes very well and I love getting my suits at their outlets when I can. I often check their sale section because my size tends to go on sale every so often (XXS, XS, 00).
I have purchased the following pieces:
- Cutaway blazer: This is my favorite blazer of all time because it is a perfect fit. It is a little shorter than most blazer lengths and I don’t like collared blazers that much, so this is perfect for me. I have three! I have two navy blues, and one marled maroon.
- Mid-rise columnist ankle pant: great length for short girls like me. I had to get the 00 taken in at the waist because the rest of the leg fit, but the waist did not come in enough.
- Pocket pencil skirt: I had to have the waist taken in on this skirt as well, but the rest of the skirt fit great. I bought two in navy blue.
- Side zipper midi skirt: This skirt is super cute and very high waisted.
My most favorite suite combo for shorties like me is the cutaway blazer and columnist ankle pant in navy. I bought the set at an outlet for less than $100. The only thing I had to get tailored were the pants because the waist did not come in enough at the top, but the rest of the leg fit me well. The ankle hits me just right and so does the blazer because they’re a little shorter cut. I’ve also gotten two other suits from there. A navy skirt to go with the pant suit, a different navy skirt suit (YES I LOVE NAVY), and a maroon marled skirt suit.
2. Macy’s Junior Workwear. Since I was an undergraduate, I shopped for suits and other work wear in the Macy’s Junior Workwear section. Their pieces fit me great! Over the years, their inventory has decreased, but I still check their pieces every once in a while. I especially love their suit dresses.
3. Banana Republic. I shopped at Banana Republic for workwear while I worked at a law firm. Their petites are one of my favorites, and of course, they always have a nice sale!
4. Ann Taylor/Loft. I just bought a blue crosshatch suit from there (clearly I love wearing blue).
5. H&M. I have bought a variety of really nice looking blazers from H&M for very reasonable prices. I don’t like the fit of their pants, so I only stick to blazers and tops from there.
6. TJ Maxx. TJ Maxx addiction is real, but I buy almost all my business casual tops from the juniors section. You really can’t beat their deals.
I have extremely small feet and I have found it difficult to find shoes that fit. I am a 4.5-5. Honestly, I only go to one place for workwear shoes.
- Nordstrom Rack. The Rack is my number 1 when it comes to shoes. There is plenty of inventory for a 4.5 to 5 foot. They have quality shoes at reasonable prices. To be honest, I rarely go elsewhere.
Let me know if you want me to do an in-depth review! I am very passionate about affordable and petite workwear because I invest a lot of time into finding quality pieces at reasonable prices. Comment, share, pin, or like!
Featured Image: The wonderful, beautiful, sassy, boss SAWEETIE! Image found on Pinterest.